Types, Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
Bipolar disorder is basically a mental disorder and it is easily describe as extreme shifts in moods, as well as well as fluctuations in energy and activity levels. During these abnormal shifts, the patient commonly finds it difficult to complete everyday tasks. It is very serious mental illness and that can destroy relationships, career and also affect academic performances.
Types of Bipolar Disorder
There are usually two types of bipolar disorders that are very common in peoples that are Bipolar I and Bipolar II.
In Bipolar I put down no hesitation as to whether someone is in a manic phase, because the behavior rapidly goes up until they are out of control. To meet the criteria as having bipolar I, a person must have manic or mixed episodes that last at least one week. it become worse if gone unprocessed
In Bipolar II it is more common than bipolar I. It is described as less severe manic symptoms it can be called as hypomanic symptoms. A person must have experience at least one major depressive episode and one episode of hypomania. Hypomania often turns out to be worse without proper treatment
Symptom of Bipolar Disorder:
Following are the symptoms and caution signs of bipolar disorder.
- The symptoms and caution signs of Bipolar disorder with mania are…the person feels overjoyed for longer period of time, nervous and worried, extreme impatience, impaired judgment, over confidence in their authority and talent and appealing in dangerous behaviors.
- The symptoms and caution signs of Bipolar disorder with depression are… the person is sad and hopeless for longer period of time. Leaving family and friends and loss of interest in joyful activities. Variation in appetite, feel lack of energy, problem with memory and concentration and thoughts of suicide appears in mind.
Causes of bipolar disorder
All agree that bipolar disorder has no single cause. It is the combination of many factors acting mutually in bipolar disorder.
- It is observe that People with a blood family member who has bipolar disorder have a high danger of developing it themselves.
- Physical changes that occurred in brain also causes bipolar disorder in most peoples.
- Neurotransmitter imbalances also play a key part in lots of mood disorders, including bipolar disorder
- It is also seen that Hormonal imbalances are perhaps cause bipolar disorder.
- The different environment factors like Abuse, mental stress, some other shocking event may contribute towards bipolar disorder risk.
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder:
Bipolar Disorder may be treated by the following methods:
- Treatment of Bipolar Disorder needs proper medication
- Treatment of Bipolar Disorder needs psychotherapy.
- Treatment of Bipolar Disorder also needs electrocution therapy (ECT)
Finally we must understand that the treatment of bipolar disorder is continuing. It is often seen that when peoples stop taking their medication and avoid meeting their doctors then they will experiences manic and depressive period again. So it is important that with proper treatment bipolar disorder can be controlled and person live a healthy and productive life.
Psychologist Arslan Saleem