An article written by
Written By: Maria Anwer:
As there is sparkle to in the star dust, likewisethere is magic in personality which is self-confident. Now a simple question pops up that what is self-confidence? In the view of the sages, self-confidence is an outcome of self-reliance. Hence we move forward in untangling the secrets of self-reliance to grasp the structure of inner thoughts and experiences which give birth to a self-confident personality.
As we understand‘self-confidence’, it is an objective concept and, can be learnt through adopting various actions otherwise as ingredients which are as follows:
Truth is all awareness. Robert Anthony says in his book The ultimate secret of total self- confidence, “The degree to which you are awaken is in direct proportion to the amount of truth that you can accept about yourself”, and, “Be a light unto your own feet”.
Hence by being a light to own two feet, we become fully aware of the ground on which we stand. When our ground is unshaken, we stand tall and firm. But as we grow so we are tested and, we learn that sometimes when the ground is shaky, it calls for a different course of action than the one previously adopted.
The author says that there are some mistaken certainties which bind us to failure by not converting our expectations into realities. They tint our awareness like rose-colored glasses which makes us view everything with a single color. However, the way to correct our self-limiting beliefs is a self-check by comparing them to facts i.e. to become more self-aware. The checklist isapplicable when our ground becomes shaky which are as follows:
- Cease to defend your view point of being right and, wrong. Give away defensiveness. Defending your mistaken certainties makes you unteachable and new ideas do not come
- Re-asses your concepts, beliefs, aggressions, defenses, goals, assertions, ideals, hopes, compulsions, etc.
- Reorganizeand understand your real needs and, motivations.
- Learn to trust your intuition
- Observe your mistakes and, try to correct them
- Love yourself and others
- Learn to listen without prejudging , train yourself to hear what is being said without the necessity of believing
- Notice what you are defending most of the time
- Realize that your new awareness will change you for the better
You need to act for yourself in such testing times and, become more self-aware to be better.
When testing times arrive, it is trusting in us ourselves, or God, or Science, or any philosophy for that sake which is the mantra of one’s life and, makes us have faith in our unique gifts, it works.
A highly respected poet of his time once said, “Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance
There are challenges in all lives. People in all parts of the world face circumstances. The most beautiful form of resilience is trust.
According to Dictionary.com, trust is,” The confident expectation of something; hope”.Trust is a belief that once we have placed our effort, the outcome will be fine. It is very necessary to keep calm and, to have faith. It adds to our persona and gives out positive vibes.