Exercise is a major element in our daily life. Everyone is having a tough and mechanical life in this globalize and shrinking world. Survival is a major necessity for life to go on, and survival in this complex era is only possible if perfect health is maintained with the aid of exercise , but there is always a tendency of love and hate relationship when it comes to doing exercise or not doing it.
Research has established that any amount of exercise, at any age, is beneficial. In general the more you do, the greater the benefits. The National academy of science has recommended that everyone strive for a total of an hour per day of physical activity. Sound like a lot, but the hour can be made up of several shorter bursts of activity.
Different types of exercise are helpful for different reasons such as stretching, aerobics, yoga and relaxation exercises of mind and body. Exercise also plays a vital role in managing bio- psycho- social and spiritual aspects of human life. Balance exercise means a balanced life full of harmony.
There are number of benefits offered by exercise like anger management, stress management, mood managements. Recovery of addiction and diabetes is made easier with the tool of exercise. Doctors recommend that each individual engages himself in certain exercise activities at least 3 to 4 hours per day. Recent studies have shown the productive role of exercise in many ways such as it
- Reduces the risk of dying prematurely.
- Reduces the risk of death from heart disease, and improves prognosis in hearth disease.
- Reduces the chances of developing colon cancer.
- Reduces the anxiety level of recovering patients including addicts, diabetics, heart disease patients and others .
- Produces endorphins and change the chemistry of brain and body.
- Helps in controlling weight.
- Produces and maintains healthy bones, joints and muscles.
- It also promotes psychological well being.
“Exercise not only builds a healthy mind and body but it paves a clear path towards happiness and harmony”