- Increased availability of drugs at low prices.
- Rapidly changing social norms which place new demands on individuals for which drugs offer a false solution.
- Lack of jobs and economic frustration.
- Lack of proper interest in education , peer pressure and negligence of parents.
- Existence and operations of “Drug Dens”.
- Lack of drug education within the family and educational institutes.
Drug of Choice:-
- Hashish (cannabis).
- Sedatives of tranquilizers.
- Solvent abuse among street children.
Major Drugs Of Use:-
- Cannabis (Hash), Cannabis is the most common used substance followed by sedatives and tranquilizers. such as benzodiazepines, heroin, opium and other opiates.
- Ecstasy and cocaine (ATS) are energy drugs esp, among youth belonging to higher socio-economic groups in urban centers of pakistan.
- Inhalant abuse is common among street children.
Initiation Of Drug:-
- Average age of initiation of drug use is 18 years.
- Majority of drugs users, had used chars (cannabis) as the first substance in their lifetime.
Reasons Of Drugs:-
- Influence of friends or peer pressure.
- Social and family stresses.