A diabetic patient can learn the following skills which make him/her able to control stress in an effective manner.
- A diabetic patient should identify the source of stress and current coping strategies.
- A diabetic patient can deal with his stress with the help of following As.
- A Diabetic can replace the negative thoughts with the positive ones in a stressful situation.
- Humor is the best way to keep away from stress.
- Little environmental changes can help feel mentally fresh. For example, going on for a walk and doing a positive self-talk.
- Diabetic can also relax by learning progressive muscle relaxation exercises or by connecting him/herself with others or by keeping a pet.
- Diabetic should add the pleasurable activities like daily walk and exercise, music, dance, meditation, swimming, gardening, or any volunteer work to remain busy.
- Diabetic should adopt a healthy life style to keep away from stress by taking care of his/her diet, sleep cycle, thoughts, water intake, and by monitoring blood glucose level regularly.
- Most importantly diabetic should join support groups and seek for professional help whenever needed.
Hopefully diabetics will benefit from the wisdom of the research based techniques which will help them in managing stress amicably.